Hot Rod Forum banner

Powerglide transmissions

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  twenglish1 
#1 ·
I recently picked up two powerglides for $150 total, first was that a good deal? both are in working order and one appears to have been recently rebuilt.

The guy said one is from a 65 nova and the other is from a 72 nova, as i was looking them over i noticed the 72 (one that looked rebuilt) has some sort of sensor or solenoid on the side near the band piston cover on the case, what could this be?

I will be using one of these on the v8 that is going in my s10 is there one that would be the better choice?

Thanks for the help in advance

#3 ·
I dont plan on driving it on the street and i got the powerglides cheap and they are both in great shape, i will probably install a full manual valve body and maybe a transbrake, get a higher stall converter and raise the rear end gear ratio, not getting too serious about drag racing it, just doing it for fun and to learn, probably gonna trailer it to a local track to see how i did when its all done

I taught myself to rebuild a chevy v8, that is the engine going in the truck, even though it is a 305, here is a video of one of the first starts: High Compression Cammed Chevy 305(First start after rebuild) - YouTube

What do you all think? how did i do for first time building an engine?

Now i'm learning about putting together the drivetrain and figuring that all out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.