Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Powerhouse 305 build
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Okay on a serious note im gonna be finishing up my 305 build here in a couple weeks hopefully. Its a ..... lets call it a very budget friendly twin turbo junk yard project lol. I will post what kind of numbers my s10 runs with it and such. I only have maybe $750 into it between the two turbos, gaskets fresh rings and bearing.

They are some stock heads that I did a new valve job and lapped the valves. Rings gaps have been widened up enough to allow for expansion so they don't butt and crank the ring lands.

Has a $125 cam and lifter set from howards.

Im hoping for around 12-15psi and maybe 400hp. It will be a fun project and experiment and hey if it doesn't work out oh well. im having fun and learning as I go.

When you deal with engines that have smaller bores making power NA becomes harder due to valve shrouding and limited selection of cylinder heads and many other factors.... hence why im going with forced induction. You would be better off starting with a SBC 302 to prove something about displacement with its 4" bore but hey anyways good luck with what you decide and keep learning from everyone's .02.