Well, here we go. I have one door blocked ready for Epoxy. It appears to me the issue is only in the body reveal line. You can see that the DPLF feathered well once I got back from the reveal. It also has adhesion and can not be scraped easily with a razor blade. I found:
Very shiney metal in the groove
Lots of material build up.
Unable to determine if any acid residue.
I have scuffed the bare metal well with 180 grit dry and will clean it well with W & G remover letting it dry well before I prime with 2 wet coats of SPI black epoxy.
I am going to post a couple of pictures that I hope show what I have done.