Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - PPG Epoxy Primer
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 08:40 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1putt
Uh oh the Ospho word.

OK here we go- I sandblasted some front grille parts for the 1959 chevy truck I am starting. Brought them home and evenly sponged ospho on them. I then took one of the parts and rinsed it with water and dried it. Flash rust occured right away so I reapplied ospho.

Is this the correct way to use OSPHO i.e. put it on and leave on without rinsing? the directions on the container do not say anything about rinsing but they have a mild warning about testing use with epoxy products.

On the other hand the PPG DX520 cleaner which is a phosphoric acid states to rinse the item and prime the same day.

Is the SPI primer compatible with subsequent PPG colors?

Thanks everyone
see ,I knew I shouldnt have mentioned it. You dont rinse or neutralize Ospho just let it dry 24 hrs (theres a little more to it) and you'll never see surface rust again on bare metal...and yes,SPI epoxy and Ospho work extremly well together...
everything you need to know about ospho is in the "ospho solution" thread here at HR just do a search it'll pop right up.
SPI epoxy also works with every kind of paint we use in the auto industry..anything I've ever used anyway