Hot Rod Forum banner

ppg radiance paints

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  baddbob 
#1 ·
Wondering if anybody has had problems with PPG Radiance paints. My car looked great for the first year then even though its garage kept the tint is washing out its gone from a perfect blue to a mottled silver blue. I contacted ppg and they say no warranty on specialty paint but also have no idea what the problem is. The interior has stayed the original color as has the truck inside. I think its a uv situation.

#5 ·
I've got one job out there done in Global Radiance Wineberry over gold base that is now 9 years old and is now starting to fade. I used Global D893 clear on that job. What clear did you use? how many coats? How many coats of base and midcoat color? The rep was measuring the total paint thickness including the undercoats so there's really no way he can accurately guage how thick your clearcoat actually is. I'd put money on there not being enough clear for good UV protection or the clear that was used didn't have enough UV protection built in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.