Hot Rod Forum banner

Pre-made carpeting?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  PHWOARchild 
#1 ·
There are lots of posts on here about carpeting. I'm interested in the idea of ordering from somewhere that can send me a relatively ready-to-go carpet for my '48 Ford. stockinteriors.com has a reasonably good rating online and has carpeting for my car. Anyone buy from them before? Or have any other good resources to go to?

#2 ·
take a huge chance... visit your local car dealerships parts departments. ask for the parts manager.. there is a small chance that they might have a preformed carpet in stock.. hopefully for a rear wheel drive model with a transmission tunnel lump molded in..

every year.. a friend who had an upholstery shop would be visited by a gm parts manager .. he was making the rounds with rolls of carpet that he wanted to get rid of..

i was there one day when that guy dropped in. i ended up with the most plush dark magenta carpet for my gto you could ever imagine.

its only a thought.. and you did not mention much of what you wanted.

#3 ·
I just got a carpet kit from Stock Interiors for my '59 Ford, cost me $185 with shipping. It was hemmed between the kick panels, the sill plate areas were cut to fit. It had a grommet for the floor dimmer. Any holes I needed I made with a punch set (borrowed). Drilling through carpet can result in unraveling and it may look real fugly.

Ordered it on a Tuesday, had it by Friday. Ultra fast service, I would buy from them again.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Auto Custom Carpets will be where Stock Interiors gets their carpet. Carpet in cars before 1960 was not formed, it was cut and sewn together. You can check their web site at www.accmats.com. One of ACC's dealers can get cut yardage for you, or an upholstery pro, to fit to your car if there is no cut and sewn carpet available for your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.