Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - predator carb v.s. holley 750 dyno chart
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:36 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Predator VS Holley

Just to let yall know, I am not an "old" guy nor am I young. I am almost 40 and have been hot rodding and drag racing for 20 years. I have owned almost every type of carb there is from a rochester to a holley to a barry grant, QFT, etc. including a Predator. The last drag car I had was a heavy 72 Gran Torino Sport Fastback with a big block in it weighing nearly 3800. I had carb issues from Day one and tried every holley I could think of and then threw an Edelbrock in the mix. Each one had their issues. Finnally an old man recommended a Predator to me and told me that if I set it up the way he told me, and I wasnt satisfied with it, he would buy it from me for what I had in it. I did as he said and installed a 2'' phenolic spacer plate, a reverse bellcrank kit, and adjust it as the instructions say. I did exactly that and my car responded better than it ever has. It picked up 3 tenths of a second in the 8th mile and for the first time pulled the front tires off of the ground. I am back into racing now with a 2500 lb tube chassis car with an alcohol burning sbc. I have a holley 850 that is giving me fits. Guess what.....I'm going to go back to the predator and convert it to alky and avoid all the mess that I did the first time. The predator has impressed me more than any carb I have ever used. It's the closest thing to fuel injection there is on the market!!!!