Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - predator carb v.s. holley 750 dyno chart
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEsGarage View Post
I found this today parked in front of my shop door this morning, at like 8:00.
Got no idea where it came from.....
I always wanted one to play with, it's clunky as hell and at the same time cool as hell. I remember seeing them mainly set up as dual's on high rise's at the strip when I was a young-in. I could care-less how it preforms some people here like em some don't. I'll just take it for it's worth and do what the older Rodders did; put one on a found out how it worked! That's the part of all this madness, to me, why we are here today. Ya'll veterans that got two cents to put in, here or there, this or that, it's all good! Just don't forget that the journey is part of the fun. So, smoke em if you got em. And I got one in mind that needs to find out.

That carb you have is an alcohol Predator!!! It has to be completely modified for gas! Kendig built alc. and gas predators! The big fuel bowl is standard on the alcy carbs Not many of those left alive the alcohol did havok with the carbs material ( corosion)!! The drain plug is to drain fuel out between runs because of water accumulation (alcy draws moisture like a sponge) and corrosion characteristics of alcy! I hope this helps you out?

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 01-29-2013 at 01:33 PM.