Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Premium Gasoline?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2003, 01:06 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Premium Gasoline?

Ok guys, I know this car isn't exactly a hotrod, but I just bought a Lincoln Navigator, and I've looked on some of their forums and those guys have no idea about engines or anything. So I came here figuring you could still help. This is the only question of a non hot rod nature I'll ask, I promise. It has a 5.4 L(330 cubic inches for the metrically challenged) 32 valve DOHC Ford engine with 9.5:1 compression and calls for 91 octane which you can't get because mid is 89 and premium is 93. Now I'm going to be driving this thing for business alot, like 1000 miles a week or more maybe. Is there anything I can do to cheapen my gas expense. Do you think it could possibly take 89 octane? How about octane booster, do those work and would they be cheaper? It gets about 17 mpg on the highway which I thought was pretty good after drving my monte carlo at 12 mpg, but not when I'm doing those numbers and it comes out of my pockets. I filled up yesterday, $47! Any help is appreciated-Thanks