President Obama answers a friend's letter - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

One of the best ways to fix our problems, Is to bring our jobs back in the USA.. Going green isn't the answer..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Randy,

Tell me how low skilled US labor is going to compete in the Global Market? If those jobs were brought back, not even the domestic market will buy the goods based on price alone. And don't expect export either. A welder in Bangladesh makes 50 cents an hour, a garment worker earns 18 cents an hour.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:56 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
Randy,

Tell me how low skilled US labor is going to compete in the Global Market? If those jobs were brought back, not even the domestic market will buy the goods based on price alone. And don't expect export either. A welder in Bangladesh makes 50 cents an hour, a garment worker earns 18 cents an hour.
Good point,, But how is going green going to make EVERYTHING better... Wouldn't them jobs go over seas as well..
sooner or later they will too..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Sadly enough, green wont work. Its a finacial liability.
The only way we can come close to getting the country back on its finacial track is to exploit every source of natural rescource we have available, and make it affordable enough that the majority of the consumers in thw world will buy it from us. Even then some politician will find a way to rip us all off and end up with it in his/her own bank account.
Look at Al Gore....what a hoser.People bought it though
Old 11-28-2012, 07:00 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
Thank god for TEXAS!!!
What he said
Old 11-28-2012, 07:04 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

If you are ever going to make companies want to set up businesses in the USA you have make it more profitable than going elsewhere - - - - - It's all a big competition for their business and ?IF? you over tax and over regulate them then THEY WILL LEAVE ! That is not hard to understand is it????
Old 11-28-2012, 07:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
If you are ever going to make companies want to set up businesses in the USA you have make it more profitable than going elsewhere - - - - - It's all a big competition for their business and ?IF? you over tax and over regulate them then THEY WILL LEAVE ! That is not hard to understand is it????
Very true !!!! Regulations is one of the biggest problems in this country..(for businesses)
Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Global warming was a total farce.
Remember when they did away with R 12? First they escalated the price to 1000 percent of what it was, passed a law making it mandatory to stop using it, necessitating the use of the next freon R 134a .
Making repair garages buy the new equiptment and get the training to use it, at a pretty substancial cost , passed on to the end consumer of course. All for a hole in the Ozone , that was proven based on science that was released by a british orginazation that was flawed and speculative from the get go,that declared by the same science that the hole was gone and the effects of global warming were over 15 years ago.
And now they want to start the same crap all over again.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Good point,, But how is going green going to make EVERYTHING better... Wouldn't them jobs go over seas as well..
sooner or later they will too..
Like I said Randy, we can't compete in low skilled labor. The work force that would be employed here would be chemists for battery technology, mechanical engineers for designing of load bearing parts for green energy production, physical scientists, lab techs, you name it. That is where we are able to compete, not on the production floor. You as a welder, if working on a production line would require $25 per hour for your skill, while the same part being welded on a Bangladesh production line is $0.50 per hour. Now as a buyer, are you going to pay $100 for the same thing that is built then shipped from China for $20?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
Global warming was a total farce.
Remember when they did away with R 12? First they escalated the price to 1000 percent of what it was, passed a law making it mandatory to stop using it, necessitating the use of the next freon R 134a .
Making repair garages buy the new equiptment and get the training to use it, at a pretty substancial cost , passed on to the end consumer of course. All for a hole in the Ozone , that was proven based on science that was released by a british orginazation that was flawed and speculative from the get go,that declared by the same science that the hole was gone and the effects of global warming were over 15 years ago.
And now they want to start the same crap all over again.
I know you don't believe this. Global scientists worldwide agree on man created climate change. For my degree in Marine Transportation I had to take a semester of meteorology, and not only do I trust the professor but my classes in physics backs it up. Ozone polar depletion has been documented for decades, and that was the only reason for the change to R 134 refrigerant.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Like I said Randy, we can't compete in low skilled labor. The work force that would be employed here would be chemists for battery technology, mechanical engineers for designing of load bearing parts for green energy production, physical scientists, lab techs, you name it. That is where we are able to compete, not on the production floor. You as a welder, if working on a production line would require $25 per hour for your skill, while the same part being welded on a Bangladesh production line is $0.50 per hour. Now as a buyer, are you going to pay $100 for the same thing that is built then shipped from China for $20?
Yes we will have chemists trying to pull it off.. And THEN we let another country build everything like everything else.. So where do we win ?? Nowhere's.. And I said this before here.. If you think for one min you won't be depending on something.. Think again.. The big oil man isn't just going to slide out the picture... The rich men will have something else to hold over your head.... YOU will paid SOMEONE... Your not going to ride for free.. So before you go back to this EV thing.. I will step out.. Green is not the answer.. It's just another way to make the rich richer..
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I know you don't believe this. Global scientists worldwide agree on man created climate change. For my degree in Marine Transportation I had to take a semester of meteorology, and not only do I trust the professor but my classes in physics backs it up. Ozone polar depletion has been documented for decades, and that was the only reason for the change to R 134 refrigerant.
Like it didn't line someones pockets..

Is that the same scientists that said we came from apes..
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

This is going to shift to evolution? I suppose Charles Darwin was a quack?

His studies on the Galapagos Islands proves adaption of the species.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,279 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Randy,

Unleaded gas, geothermal, silicon valley, Hewlett Packard, Google, Apple, Yahoo, Tesla, DSL, Pasadena aerospace, well the list just goes on and on. So what part of California leading the way do you challenge?
Deckofficer, you forgot debt! ......California has bankrupt itself "leading the way".
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 PM
elkyholic

Last journal entry: Center Link Installed
Last photo:

Having just watched the latest History channel show on the men who built America, I believe that our strength is our ability to be the best. Every innovation in industry from the railroads to automobiles were forged by men determined to be the best, they found a way to build better products in order to dominate their markets.

The only way we can compete with overseas labor is by demanding better products as consumers and by building better products in our factories. Our products need to be so good, that they provide better value than cheap knockoffs that don't last.

As for me I'd gladly pay $100 for $20 when I put suspension, steering, or brake parts on my ride. Same for things that I only want to buy once like the HVAC in my home, the new system I just put in will probably only last 10 years (if that) compared to the 30+ year old unit it replaced.

Let china build plastic Santas and ornamental iron, but I don't want chinese cars.

I think that going green is best accomplished from the consumer's choice (voting with dollars) as opposed to governmental regulation which costs us twice, once for the government to regulate, and again when compliance is added to our bill.

The same goes for the new health care, my cost just doubled for insurance and the deductible is 10 times higher.

While we are at it, could we not implement electronic on-line voting and eliminate the congress, maybe keep some portion of the legislative branch to process bills to vote on and administer the voting. Let the lobbyist spend their money on advertising instead of donating to politicians.

Just Sayin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.