Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Press 1 For English
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,219 Times in 1,075 Posts
Chet and Dinger, there is a lot of truth in both of your comments.

Just last night I was with the family and we saw an old man who lives on the streets of our town. This old guy is obviously mentally ill, he doesn't have a grasp on reality. This man NEEDS us, he needs a system that can house and take care of him. Yet, there is nothing to catch a man like that. There is however a number of systems that feed and house deadbeats who are willing and have enough to stand in lines for hours and feed bull to get it all for free. I have learned one thing about our systems like Welfare and Medicare and such, the person who gets all these services, are actually pretty able people. You have to be to jump thru the hoops and go thru the piles of red tape needed to collect the checks! Most of these people COULD be working, it is obvious to me if they can work thru our screwed up systems they certainly could be doing simple data entry or filing or what ever in some office somewhere for a friggin paycheck.

It is the people like the old guy who can't do that, and therefore can't get the help that I think society owes him.

Brian

On the "push #1 for english". It bugs the hell out of me too. I will often say out loud, "Yeah, I will push #1 because I AM IN AMERICA". You know what blew me away, on my vacation a few weeks ago to the east coast, you see it there too!!! I am not kidding you, the spanish signs all over, what in the hell is that about? We are two thousand miles from Mexico and that same crap! I understand here, but there????

Brian