Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Preventative mantainence Dodge 2.2L
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 02:05 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Make sure the cooling system is in good repair, a retorque of the head gasket wouldn't hurt either. I believe the problem is not only a 2.2 Litre problem as I have had many people with newer Stratus's with the 2.4 having the same problem, funny the factory says the same thing over and over "this is not a recallable problem" . You have to wonder how many Chryco owners will ever buy another one with the poor customer service they have been dishing out.

You know every one I have seen just needed a little TLC during the installation phase and some sealer where the cam chain runs through, I think this is one of those "engineering decisions" where they saved 10 cents. I've said it once and I'll say it again..."nonretorquing head gaskets my butt!"

And just in case you thought this is an isolated incident have a look at <a href="http://www.cartrackers.com/Forums/live/Chrysler/8.html" target="_blank">this web page</a>. This problem has been happening since they first brought out the Neon.

Caveat emptor.