Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - primer sank worse than the TITANIC!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 06:31 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Gaday Hugh,never heard of that primer but evercoat is what I use I like the Zgrip along with their EZ sand finishing putty ,it works well for me...Like the others said you most likely didnt wait long enough for the primer to cure but if time is an issue for doing repair work then epoxy wont wont help much or prevent other primers on top from shrinking.I dont use epoxy at all on repair work,just grind ,fill and prime but when I grind I try not to sand off the epoxy thats already there,,,,I can suggest two 2k primers that'll work well for you..
For your production work there's a 3hr primer that everyone is raving about around here ,you can actually sand it after 3 hrs and paint that day with no force drying...,no etch coat ,just spray it over your filler and walk away.
For doing nice straight work when you need some filling qualities they make some very good quality primer that sands well. I use a lot of epoxy too on total strip jobs and this is the absolute best epoxy primer I ever used,hands down....not only does it seal up bare metal and stick like crazy ,you can build it and sand it easily but it takes time to cure and using filler over the epoxy will never be a problem ,matter of fact they work very well together,The best thing about these primers is they all come from the same company and the company has a hot line you can call for any questions or problems you may have...Its the first time I've ever been able to contact a company and you'll always get someone,it really is a hot line....All their products are top shelf but reasonably priced....The company is called SPI ,But dont just take my word for it .Go to the top of this page and click on the search button and type in SPI then read what the people that listened and tried it have to say..They also make some of the best clears I've used...check them out ,you wont be sorry...