Hot Rod Forum banner

priming corvette

852 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  39 OLDROD 
#1 ·
I've got a corvette that I need to prep for paint. Car is stripped to gel coat. very little use of paint stripper.My plan was to redo body work on seams and a few other small spots. DA with 80 grit put on a poly primer like featherfill or something simular. Block sand and reprime with a 2k pimer, sand, seal and paint with ppg base clear.This is the way I've always done vettes but have not done one in over 10 yrs. You guys working in corvette shops got any better ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
swvalcon said:
I've got a corvette that I need to prep for paint. Car is stripped to gel coat. very little use of paint stripper.My plan was to redo body work on seams and a few other small spots. DA with 80 grit put on a poly primer like featherfill or something simular. Block sand and reprime with a 2k pimer, sand, seal and paint with ppg base clear.This is the way I've always done vettes but have not done one in over 10 yrs. You guys working in corvette shops got any better ideas?
I am working on a glass car now and every body ,the local NAPA store, the body shop people I have talk to tell me to gelcoat any spots that show bare glass this also includes the folks at PPG. I will be useing epoxy primer then 2k before I use sealer then bc/cc.

OLDROD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.