Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is priming the engine suppose to wear my drill out?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2003, 01:51 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks guys!

the disc that is suppose to fit in the hole didn't fit inside the hole so I turnied it upside down and I guess it wasn't centerd good.

So I did it withoutt he disc held down. It spun it up and after a second I could feel it get suction, and when I stoped I could hear the oil dripping back down into the pan.

The problem was that a dude was telling me that he usually does it for 5-10 minutes, I guess he was exagerating. I know he usually knows what he's talking about because everthing he has told me pretty much has been echoed here and other sources when I've asked him other things

But anywas after about 30 seconds m drill got hot'rn hell and started smokin' but I know my drill was worn out, and didn't turn exactly straight... so I bothered the neighbors and his did a little better. These were both 3/8 drills and his was probabl older than mine. So I did it for about a minute then let it cool off and did it again, an so on.

Does anyone else use the 10-15 seconds turning 90 degrees for a revolution???

The manual I used just says to take out the spark plugs and turn it over until it gets up to pressure.

I guess I can just go to the parts store and look for a oil pressure guage, I don't know about he accuracy of the one in the dash....

I have a little cylinder that looks like this i the pic, is this mechanical or electircal???

My book doesn't say...

Thanks alot guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sending unit.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	175