Pro Comp: Junk? - Page 15 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Are Pro Comp parts worth buying?
Yes, the price is too good to pass up. 21 21.00%
No, Pro Comp parts are off shore junk. 30 30.00%
Only if they have good reviews. 51 51.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM

Last journal entry: Starting the build, 333ci chev, 195 cc jegs heads
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626
fmrstrtracer for the win..
buy american or don't whine when your unemployed
Thing one, I'm glad you find Lysol "fancy"- thing two I am self employed have been for 13 years. I am not in the slightest worried. Perhaps you are then?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 PM

Last journal entry: Starting the build, 333ci chev, 195 cc jegs heads
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
AFA buying or importing offshore goods in general or Chinese goods in particular, it's undeniable that the offshore manufacturers and exporters make a profit. But that isn't the whole picture, IMO. The importers here stateside also make a profit- and that profit generates tax revenue, and is used to pay employees as well as used for all aspects of running a business.

It wouldn't surprise me if the markup was greater between the US importer and the end consumer than it was between the Chinese manufacturer and the importer.

As far as PC products goes, I've still not bought anything imported by them. But if I was in the market I'd have to at least consider them along w/the others and I would be doing the research on them before buying. I think the poll results accurately reflect what people think in general.
Good to know that is pretty much what I have been curious about. Thank you Cobalt.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:30 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blight
wow- see now THAT is bad.

China doing well is NOT a bad thing. What is a bad thing is the US sliding down. Don't confuse the two.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:07 AM
gearheadslife

Last journal entry: The TwoTonShu #10
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72
China doing well is NOT a bad thing. What is a bad thing is the US sliding down. Don't confuse the two.
china building nuke power plants is very bad as they don't care about their people(or anyone else for that matter) or polluting ..

and if you knew your history, you'd know that you post is so wrong..
Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
china building nuke power plants is very bad as they don't care about their people(or anyone else for that matter) or polluting ..

and if you knew your history, you'd know that you post is so wrong..
If you ever had a single hour of schooling spent on economics you'd know that its right. In fact the US could even benefit.

As for polluting that is a serious issue, but again don't confuse it with nuclear power.

I've noticed most people tend to simplify and equate things they don't understand to things they do (or at least think they do). Older people are especially bad at this because until 15 years ago information was hard to come by so they had to "create their own".
Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 AM
gearheadslife

Last photo:

Quote:
If you ever had a single hour of schooling spent on economics you'd know that its right. In fact the US could even benefit.

As for polluting that is a serious issue, but again don't confuse it with nuclear power.

".
oh ya, you can just put spent rods anywhere RIGHT..

economics.. school, really, all they teach is the almighty dollar and bottom line,, and how to outsoure to slave labor for more profits for the wallstreet investor, with no thought of the burdon they cause , as they use the fair trade agreement(thats a one way street) for their gain.

shortsighted people can't see. that if we bought our own goods, (call it pride in country if you like) everyone that wants to work would be.
and whats the side affect,, less welfare, less unemployment, more tax dollars, and that big number that we own and pay INTEREST ON!!!!!!! would get smaller not bigger.. economics classes.. treach shortsightedness, and not reactions from actions.. A wise man once said, "college folks are so smart they're stupid, and can't see the train wreck thats right in front of them.." oh, and he was a M.I.T. professer..
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
oh ya, you can just put spent rods anywhere RIGHT..

economics.. school, really, all they teach is the almighty dollar and bottom line,, and how to outsoure to slave labor for more profits for the wallstreet investor, with no thought of the burdon they cause , as they use the fair trade agreement(thats a one way street) for their gain.

shortsighted people can't see. that if we bought our own goods, (call it pride in country if you like) everyone that wants to work would be.
and whats the side affect,, less welfare, less unemployment, more tax dollars, and that big number that we own and pay INTEREST ON!!!!!!! would get smaller not bigger.. economics classes.. treach shortsightedness, and not reactions from actions.. A wise man once said, "college folks are so smart they're stupid, and can't see the train wreck thats right in front of them.." oh, and he was a M.I.T. professer..
I feel bad for the people that buy this BS, but maybe its their source of hope in a time of desperation. So many people fear the unknown, they see it and run rather than try to understand it and conquer their fears.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 AM
I LET MY TIMESLIP TALK FOR ME!

i bought and used a 750 race carb worked fine for me
Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 PM

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:

Red China

Is communist all the way and we will one day have to fight these people 12 yrs in US Army and I think all the US dealings with China is a mistake and also our Company's who are traitors to USA doing business with the enemy... And I do mean Enemy we are all going to pay for helping helping these terror mongers in any way......
Old 02-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Anybody can develop a hatred to foreign made products. Go to the local store and read where products are being made. Do you know for sure where your valves and springs are made in your world products heads, or if the seats where imported from France? I have spent lots of money on domestic performance parts and had them break just like cheap parts. Since the argument started a couple years ago, i have bought a set of pro comp heads. To tell the truth they are making about 430hp on a 383. They have also been running on that same motor for 3 years without a problem. They were bought from a local guy who assembled them. He didn't seem to mind feeding his family from an outsourced product. Mechanical parts are going to break. Its about your pocket not personal beef with any other country.
Me and my father were the culprit of a company shutting down. We both worked for Michelin North America who bought out B.F. Goodrich, who also owns Uniroyal. Jobs will be moved in and out of this country long after we all are dead. Just enjoy your life and your hobby regardless of how much or little money you have..
Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
World Famous VF-14

Last journal entry: Cleaned it up...
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfyj
Is communist all the way and we will one day have to fight these people 12 yrs in US Army and I think all the US dealings with China is a mistake and also our Company's who are traitors to USA doing business with the enemy... And I do mean Enemy we are all going to pay for helping helping these terror mongers in any way......
8 years in the Navy and I can whole hardly agree with everything you had said.Anyone with half a brain tied behind their back can see they are not growing their economy to become the worlds best country.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 PM

Last photo:

NAFTA.. Lol
Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

"American made" products only have to have the final 10% of manufacturing or assembly done here. I don't think it is even possible to build a 100% american engine with catalog parts. It sure as hell isn't possible for the prices most of us pay.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 AM
gearheadslife

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
8 years in the Navy and I can whole hardly agree with everything you had said.Anyone with half a brain tied behind their back can see they are not growing their economy to become the worlds best country.
to bad, fools only see bottom line
hope they like becoming slaves to the china commies
Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 AM
gearheadslife

Last photo:

Quote:
"American made" products only have to have the final 10% of manufacturing or assembly done here. I don't think it is even possible to build a 100% american engine with catalog parts. It sure as hell isn't possible for the prices most of us pay.
yes it is, and yes you can.

the difference, is wanting to..

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.