Pro Comp: Junk? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Are Pro Comp parts worth buying?
Yes, the price is too good to pass up. 21 21.00%
No, Pro Comp parts are off shore junk. 30 30.00%
Only if they have good reviews. 51 51.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
This thread is not to ask about that seller.
Wow Regal Beagle this was quoted from the original post........so how do you figure that cobalt is "attacking" your buddy skip? He stated clearly this has nothing to do with him.

Advertisement

Last edited by zildjian4life218; 01-18-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian4life218
Wow Regal Beagle this was quoted from the original post........so how do you figure that cobalt is "attacking" your buddy skip? He stated clearly this has nothing to do with him.
First, Skip is not my buddy. Don't know him, have never bought anything from him and likely never will. I support business, any business that is successful has to be doing something right!!! Yes maybe some of their products may not meet some peoples standards. If you want to be the hero then step up and spend your own money to learn the specs on the products. As long as people buy the products the companies will flourish.
There are lots of garbage products on the market and many of them made right there in the United States of America.

Last edited by Regal Beagle; 01-18-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Professionalism
Old 01-18-2010, 11:48 AM
eat a beaver, save a tree

Last photo:

RB, do you sell procomp products? to me it sounds like your worried that the word will get out that most of their stuff is junk & you might lose a sale.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 ss monte
RB, do you sell procomp products? to me it sounds like your worried that the word will get out that most of their stuff is junk & you might lose a sale.
Nope. Don't sell it and don't use it. Have heard some people use it with great success and others have had issues. I use my common sense and budget as determining factors in everything I buy. I support small business and capitalism.
It appears most of you have a ******** for these products and wish to discredit them and anyone else who disagrees with your views. This site is full of cronies that stick together, belittle those that come here to learn and make anyone who disagrees with their "expert" opinion feel unwelcome.
Shame on you. I am just giving my opinion and someone else brings up the past.....typical of what goes on here.

Last edited by 68NovaSS; 04-24-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Profanity. Please see: general board guidelines.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

RB i think that you have gotten the brunt of the criticism on this thread cause it seems that you attacked cobalt when cobalt is only starting a thread asking for opinion or actual experience with PC products.

i think since Skip White and Whites Performance is a successful business it would benefit them to use a pair that they have for some tests to find out just how good they are, why should cobalt do it when he is not a seller of PC products, i do think that someone should have to justify why they may use a product of such criticism and bad reputation, this would benefit Whites Performance cause they would either find that the heads did stand up to the test and are perfectly fine to use or they would find that they were inferior and maybe they should find another product, they may have to charge more but they would know they are selling a good product because the did their own R&D.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Listen and Learn

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 ss monte
LMAO! Anyone got popcorn? This is getting good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my87z
i do think that someone should have to justify why they may use a product of such criticism and bad reputation.
I second this. It would benefit them greatly. It also shows that you care about your customers and the products they receive and your not only here to get the money from them. Sure thats what a business is but I believe showing how you appreciate a customer is a key to a businesses survival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal beagle
The sellers of these products does not need to prove their products to anyone. Clearly this has been discussed at nauseum on this forum and it would best serve everyone to just leave it alone and let the laws of buyer beware do their thing.
Just leave it alone? Sure seems like you are hiding something. Afraid that someone might find out something that you don't want them to know.

Last edited by zildjian4life218; 01-18-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian4life218
LMAO! Anyone got popcorn? This is getting good.

I second this. It would benefit them greatly. It also shows that you care about your customers and the products they receive and your not only here to get the money from them. Sure thats what a business is but I believe showing how you appreciate a customer is a key to a businesses survival.

Just leave it alone? Sure seems like you are hiding something. Afraid that someone might find out something that you don't want them to know.
Wrong again.....I am just tired of seeing the same old thing debated over and over again. So much so that I will move to the sidelines and watch this one play itself out. I have way better things to do than to waste my time with this thread.

Cheers....
Old 01-18-2010, 03:11 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Hey, V3500- the first three paragraphs you wrote in your post #13 are from a post I made. Please, if you want to quote me, put quotations around my words- otherwise it really makes no sense and looks like itís YOUR words, not mine.

And I stand my every word I wrote, BTW- ďIf a deal seems too good to be true, it very likely IS too good to be true.Ē is a factual statement- as is the rest that I wrote and you copied, IMHO.

As Iíve said, I have asked for specs on the PC 210cc aluminum heads from the seller of these heads, mainly because that seller came here to this forum unannounced, saying how really good the heads were for some applications, etc.

To this seller, I put the questions that Iím still waiting to get the answers to. Like, what is the material, the heat treat if any, what material is the guides and seats made from.

As was mentioned earlier by another poster (thanks, BTW) is what the durability is like. No mention, other than a set were "accidentally overheated" and survived.

This info is missing from the VERY lengthy description he wrote about these heads on his site.

The questions will either be answered by him on this forum- for ALL to see- or they wonít. That is up to the seller.

BUT- Iíll be damned if I am going to spend any of MY money to find out these things!

That said, THIS thread is for anyone wanting to voice their opinion or experience on PC products in general. NOT about that particular seller, unless it somehow pertains to the PC parts- like where they came from, etc.

Understand rb and v?

Last edited by cobalt327; 01-18-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal Beagle
The sellers of these products does not need to prove their products to anyone.
Now thats funny. Why sell a product that you know nothing about or not willing to prove what you are selling?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Listen and Learn

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10 Racer
Now thats funny. Why sell a product that you know nothing about or not willing to prove what you are selling?
Some people amaze me.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:26 PM
ASE Master Tech, Fabricator

Last wiki edit: Taurus 2-speed fan control wiring diagram Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I personally have never spent any of my money, nor would I, nor my customer's money, on PC parts, however I have dealt with a few issues caused by them, poor machining, poor QC, etc. Based on what I've seen and heard from legitimate sources, all PC products are suspect, IMHO. That doesn't mean junk, it means "bears further investigation" I've seen a bunch of their distributors, and I've dealt with problems with a couple as well, but I have to admit, they almost seem TOO cheap for what they are. Which is a pretty good deal for some folks. I don't think it's too much to ask for a company selling BOATLOADS of parts here to be asked to publish some specs on them, like the ones Cobalt is asking for. AFR publishes theirs, Edelbrock publishes theirs, RHS does the same, if PC wants to get in the game, the same rules should apply, and if it proves out that they do, in fact, put the same or better heat treatment, the same or better seats and guides, this can ONLY be good news for them for that info to get out to the masses. But if, in fact, they don't heat treat, and use cheaper seats and guides, yet try to compare themselves on price alone, does anyone really think it's a BAD thing for those of us who've been around the block a time or two to ask some pertinent questions??? I don't see anybody ready to play judge and jury on this, just wanting some info which which to make an INFORMED decision.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 PM

Last photo:

Chinese garbage.

The facts are that if it is made in China it should be melted down because there is not one product that is worth the oil to ship it over here so it screws the fool that buys it .
It,s, Chevy not Chery LOL
Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Licenced Automotive Technician

Last photo:

Cobalt, I think you have done a good job in being fair with this issue. You have not gone right out and called PC stuff 100% junk, and are asking for good info. However, Skip may not have that info, so we may have to go to the source.

I think you missed a spot on the poll, though. It should read " I have no experience other than hear-say, and cannot argue for or against purchase"

LOL!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:01 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbchevfreak
Skip may not have that info, so we may have to go to the source.

I think you missed a spot on the poll, though. It should read " I have no experience other than hear-say, and cannot argue for or against purchase"

LOL!
Both good points!

But, yeah- I'd liked to have gotten enough feedback to be able to say (for example) the rods, belt drives and water pumps are not good, the heads, distributors and rocker arms are OK. That sort of thing. But there just isn't the quantity of these parts being used, at least not by those wishing to weigh in here.

As for that seller, I feel that if anyone should be in a position to know about the 210cc Al heads- or to find out- it would be him. And, because he came here saying how the heads, rods, etc. were up to HIS standards in the applications he cited, I thought it would be reasonable to see if they met MY standards, without ME doing HIS R&D work for him, unpaid.

For anyone just coming to this post, the seller never implied that I do anything of the sort (R&D work for free). This bit of brilliance, i. e. buy a set of heads and cut them up, dyno them etc.- instead of just asking the seller what the specs are - was bestowed upon us by some units to remain nameless.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:24 AM
ASE Master Tech, Fabricator

Last wiki edit: Taurus 2-speed fan control wiring diagram Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
...For anyone just coming to this post, the seller never implied that I do anything of the sort (R&D work for free). This bit of brilliance, i. e. buy a set of heads and cut them up, dyno them etc.- instead of just asking the seller what the specs are - was bestowed upon us by some units to remain nameless.
Of course not, as a businessman, that seller knows that that would be a RIDICULOUS proposition,

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.