Pro systems dp vs Quickfuel vs - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Pro systems dp vs Quickfuel vs

Hi petrolheads. Ive been through this discussion pretty much before but would like to bring it up again now that Ive been driving my car for sometime. Im running a 408ci sbc with 10.4 comp, 195 AFR heads, a lunati 60105 flat tappet hydraulic cam with .525 and .546 lift - 241 and 249 degrees at 50 thou, a victor jnr and a pro systems 750 (flowed to 830) double pumper. I went with the double pumper after several discussions because it would really do justice to this engine combo and I planned on doing some street/strip work. As it turns out we have done a number of trips out of town and several shows but am yet to put it down the strip. The price of fuel keeps going up and up and now my wife is preggy with twins (yay!) so getting it down the strip is looking further and further away. Ive been looking at the new Quickfuel 780 vac sec, http://www.quickfueltechnology.com/c...80-cfm-vs.html, and am thinking this might be a better alternative to my 830dp since Im doing so much street driving. It's a 3000lb car with a th350 trans, stage 2 shift kit, 2900 stall, 2.35 diff ratio. Has anybody tried one of these carbs and if so what is your opinion of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Last photo:

If you want to run that much carb. Why so little gear or was that a typo? I think your mileage might even improve if you had something in the area of 3.50's.

What tire height?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie man
If you want to run that much carb. Why so little gear or was that a typo? I think your mileage might even improve if you had something in the area of 3.50's.

What tire height?
Running a 18 inch rim with 285/35/18s. Engine is pulling 2750rpm at 60mph and since we do a lot of driving I dont want to be doing any more revs than that. Think engine would be under carbed with anything under a 750cfm. The 830 that is on there at the moment was built by Pro Systems after I sent them all my engine specs, vehicle weight, ratios etc. So many people say that carb is to big and yet on the dyno it pulls from idle to WOT with no flat spots, idles at 600rpm in gear and drives in traffic no problem at all.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:36 PM

Last photo:

Sorry you are right with the gear ratio, it was a typo, whoops!! It was meant to read 3.25/1.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
FrankenPorsche

Last photo:

Look at the Proform 750. Almost the same as the quickfuel other than having multiple emulsion jets. They are made by the same folks. Its a couple bones less. The proform 750s should also flow 830cfm.

I had one on my 383 and loved it. Only got rid of it to go fuel injection. Just remember a vac sec carb wont save much gas if your go pedal is stomped alot. But the car may have better cruizing mileage and manners.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Last photo:

Thanks, I will have a look at it. Manners of my engine are awesome, just fuel consumption is not so great. I used more than my mates worked 440 big block charger on a recent trip. Also since Im using it more around town that I originally though I would a vac sec would be better suited. Just looking for some feedback about these Quickfuels or anything similar really, so thanks for your input.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:10 AM

Last photo:

Okay guys I think Ive sold my Pro Systems double pumper and will be off to buy a new carb very shortly. I was all set to order the 780 vac from Quickfuel, but now Ive got a few friends telling me I should look at a Edelbrock. They reckon they have much finer tuning and deliver great performance as well as economy. Any ideas, anybody tried the Edelbrock carbs?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:15 AM
BOOMER SOONER

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdon
Okay guys I think Ive sold my Pro Systems double pumper and will be off to buy a new carb very shortly. I was all set to order the 780 vac from Quickfuel, but now Ive got a few friends telling me I should look at a Edelbrock. They reckon they have much finer tuning and deliver great performance as well as economy. Any ideas, anybody tried the Edelbrock carbs?
Im not a fan of Carter carbs. Thats all an Edelbrock is you know...I just bought a QFT carb, I wont be able to give you feedback on it because my car is NO where ready yet...Congrats on the twins
Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 AM
www.krusinklassics.net

Last photo:

I'm running a QFT 680 on my 388 because the street manners are MUCH better than the 800 AVS I had on there. The 800 was way too much for street use and the low end was mushy. The 680 gives me crisp throttle and excellent control for the street, even tho it may lose a few ponies up top. Unless you're looking for the most top end power, I would go for something smaller.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Last photo:

I had a QF ProVac 650 on my 331" sbc, worked great and had instant throttle repsonse. Sold the engine/trans and in the process of building a 507" Cadillac. I bought a practically brand new QF 780 VS on ebay for $375 with a very nice braided AN dual fuel set up. I think a lot of guys over carb their engines, for a street engine theres just no reason to. Lots of new carbs on ebay, just have to do some shopping.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT
I had a QF ProVac 650 on my 331" sbc, worked great and had instant throttle repsonse. Sold the engine/trans and in the process of building a 507" Cadillac. I bought a practically brand new QF 780 VS on ebay for $375 with a very nice braided AN dual fuel set up. I think a lot of guys over carb their engines, for a street engine theres just no reason to. Lots of new carbs on ebay, just have to do some shopping.
Thanks for that, I have already done some pricing and can get a brand new QF plus some change for the money I sold my Pro Systems carb for. 780 too big you think? I know a lot of guy over carb but the 830 I had on there was custom built and recommended by Pro Systems, dont think I would go any smaller than 750cfm on a big breathing 400+ ci engine.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

I would find a carb that had 4 Annular boosters. Straight leg boosters aren`t too bad. Downleg boosters are completely worthless.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:40 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleVision
I would find a carb that had 4 Annular boosters. Straight leg boosters aren`t too bad. Downleg boosters are completely worthless.
Really? What is the point of down leg boosters then? Excuse my ignorance.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...wn/index1.html
Old 04-26-2011, 04:58 AM

Last photo:

So if I do use a Quickfuel then which one? I was looking at a 735cfm SS series. Then there is the Q series. What is the difference between the two and are they any good for my application?

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.