Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - pro welders, I've got a challenge for you to firgure out
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Never used a HF stud gun but I can't stress enough a tip taught to me by a serious tool inventor that using the stud gun you don't need much heat. I understand may be describing this exact thing, the HF doesn't even have enough to do this. I am posting this for any lurkers who haven't seen it.

This video shows how little a tap on the trigger you should need.

Brian
I agree, and that's what I love about my bumble bee stud gun. At work we have a pretty good one but we lost the tip. Someone hasn't ordered a new one and for the last two months we have been using the cheap HF we have, and I'm not gonna bring in my good stud gun, no way! That's a shop duty just as it is to get sand paper-lol I totally agree with feathering and trying t go light as possible cause if you get some shrink where the stud is that's fine being you're pulling it and not hammering the trigger but it's the outer ring's resistance that well get you. not an issue with the good guns when using it right but with the harbor freight it's a nightmare no matter how you use it.