Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - pro welders, I've got a challenge for you to firgure out
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:39 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Guys,I have a stud welder,studs,etc...What I'm trying to do is use the migs wire to pull the small dings and dents with a tiny little grind spot in the paint...The problem Im having is when I break ground contact and the current stops ,the wire seperates from the weld insted of welding the wire to the metal ..it seems to be a matter of timing because Ive done it but its hit and miss...I havent had much time to play around with it so far this week but try it ,it's pretty tough to do ...If I can figure it out It'll be pretty handy.I did get a ford solinoid at the parts store when I was there so when do have the time I'll have everything I need to try it out...I just dont think its going to be that simple...But you never know...everything starts with an idea..

Heres a little trick for you stud welder guys...welding the studs lightly and wiggling them side to side after pulling will sometimes work for pulling them off intact But you can reuse 100% of your studs even if you clip them off, all you have to do is bend them at a 90 so they have a little L shape...
dont forget to clean that tip and outer ground ring ,its an elactrical connection and to get the best preformance you need clean contacts,this will cut down the burn throughs and allow better quick zaps