problem - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 01:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

problem

i need some help. here what i have. i have built a 350 motor from the ground up. it has a set of have a set of 72cc dart eagle iron heads with 1.94 valves, a 350 block that is 40 over,
> Hypereutectic pistons with 10.4 to 1 compression ratio, a single plane hi
> rise intake, a cam with 295 duration and 563 lift,1.5 roller rockers,set to length push rods, every thing is balanced ,a msd mechanical
> distributor with a msd ignition box, a 750 eldlebrok carb
> just got a 3300-3600 stall convertor that i have not installed yet the one i have installed now is 2400-2800, and to finish it up i have 4.10
> gears in the rear
the timing is set at 41 degrees. the problem that i have is that the car is very slow is sounds like it might be flooding but the pressure is set at 5.5 psi on the regulator. i can start the car at it will level out a 1200 rpm but when i pull it down in drive it drops down to 400-500 rpm and stalls out. I've taken the car to the strip and after i run it and bring it back to park it, it will shut off before i can reach the key. the power just is not there for the money and time that has been put in it. thanks for the help

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 02:40 PM

Last photo:

i think the cam is to big for an automatic transmission. when you bought the cam they should of asked if it was a manual or auto. are you having brake problems? is the carb a mechanical or vacumm secondary
Old 09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
autoglass master tech

Last photo:

Sounds to me like the torque converter is the problem.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:05 AM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

with the cam, converter and fuel psi. #'s u gave, to me, it sounds like poor spark. try a stock hei unit and see what happens
Old 09-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirscamaro
the timing is set at 41 degrees
If this is your Total Mechanical timing with the vacuum advance hose disconnected and plugged and you are getting this figure between 2500-3000 RPM it is too much. You should not exceed 40 degrees total mechanical timing (with no vacuum advance connected).

With that cam I'd suggest no greater than 38 degrees Total Mechanical all in between 2500-3000 RPM. Vacuum dis-connected and plugged when setting the timing.

The 2400-2800 stall you say you have should work fine without killing the engine. The drop in RPM at idle from 1200 down to 400-500 is very excessive. Are you sure of the stall speed?

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.