Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Problem batch loading larger images
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 07:08 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Problem batch loading larger images

Is anyone else having a problem since the system upgrade when they batch load larger images? Batch loading can be done as either attachments to a post or in the Journal Section. It's where you fill in multiple addresses (up to 3) in the "browse" box and upload them as a group.

If I try to upload three images and each of them is around 400k in size or larger (this is approximately a 4x6 image at 80 resolution) I get an error message titled "Net Reset Error". If I reduce the image resolution to 75 but keep it 4x6 (about 350K in size) the three images upload just fine.

1) I can upload one large image (600K) to HR.C just fine.

2) I can upload multiple (up to 3) 350K images at a time to HR.C just fine.

3) I can upload multiple (up to 5) 600K images at a time to my personal web site just fine.

4) Prior to the upgrade, I could upload 3 600K images at a time without a problem.

But now, if I upload three 400k images at a time to HR.C, I get the error message.

I have alerted Jon to the problem and he is doing some research. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the problem or is willing to run a test trying to upload three larger (like 500K) images either as an attachment to a post or as a journal entry. (BTW, if you do it as a journal entry you can then immediately delete the entry once you have the results of the test.)

Always learning...and sharing what I've learned.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cboy; 03-22-2005 at 07:16 AM.