Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Problem batch loading larger images
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 08:08 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Problem batch loading larger images

Is anyone else having a problem since the system upgrade when they batch load larger images? Batch loading can be done as either attachments to a post or in the Journal Section. It's where you fill in multiple addresses (up to 3) in the "browse" box and upload them as a group.

If I try to upload three images and each of them is around 400k in size or larger (this is approximately a 4x6 image at 80 resolution) I get an error message titled "Net Reset Error". If I reduce the image resolution to 75 but keep it 4x6 (about 350K in size) the three images upload just fine.

1) I can upload one large image (600K) to HR.C just fine.

2) I can upload multiple (up to 3) 350K images at a time to HR.C just fine.

3) I can upload multiple (up to 5) 600K images at a time to my personal web site just fine.

4) Prior to the upgrade, I could upload 3 600K images at a time without a problem.

But now, if I upload three 400k images at a time to HR.C, I get the error message.

I have alerted Jon to the problem and he is doing some research. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the problem or is willing to run a test trying to upload three larger (like 500K) images either as an attachment to a post or as a journal entry. (BTW, if you do it as a journal entry you can then immediately delete the entry once you have the results of the test.)

Dewey

Last edited by cboy; 03-22-2005 at 08:16 AM.