Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Problem batch loading larger images
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 07:13 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Do you get an error when batch uploading to the board, or just to the Journal? Or both?

Sounds like an internal upload file size limit.

(btw, cboy -- be sure to check out my reply to another image-related post in this forum: http://hotrodders.com/showthread.php?t=59953.

I got the error message from both the journal and the post uploads (same message I copied to you.)

I can't figure out how it could be an internal upload file size limit on my end. Last night I experimented with a batch upload to the Journal Section with three images at 400K. I got the error message. I then immediately tried a batch upload of the exact same three images to my personal web site, and it worked perfectly. If there was an internal upload size limit on my end then I'd get the error message when I upload to my own web site as I get uploading to the HR.C web site. Also, why doesn't the file size limit effect the upload when I just send one image? I can upload a single 600K image just fine. But when I try three at a time it fails. This would have to be some sort of "total upload at one time" limit. But no such limit exists when I upload elsewhere.

Also, I posted a response one the other thread you referenced...I'm seeing the image now as well.

Added in later edit:

I just tried another experiment to see if I have some sort of internal file size limit. I tried uploading a singe image of 1,370 KB (over three times the total upload size when I get an error message - 3 files at 400Kb each produces the error) The 1.3 meg file uploaded to my journal just fine.

Last edited by cboy; 03-22-2005 at 07:26 PM.