problem installing front sway bar 40 ford. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 07:10 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

problem installing front sway bar 40 ford.

Hello And Good Morning. I have a 1940 Ford five inch section, nice car with a ton of work done to it. my big problem was front end sway on highway speeds, and in windy conditions. so i decided it must be the absence of a sway bar(front) so i got the kit from Ches engineering. problem started with sway bar hitting the bottom water outlet on radiator. Can't raise the radiator up the the two plus inch i need for clearance(remember 5 inch section with pancake hood) hood doesn't clear top of radiator.big question is can i space the sway bar bushing plates the two plus inches down where they connect to the frame with out messing up front end geometry and function ? Any help with this problem, or other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Egop8

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

This is the Introduction forum....best to ask in the Steering and Suspension forum.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:36 AM

Suspension Area.

Sorry about the incorrect posting. dont know how to get their, first timer---Help please---.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:05 AM

Last photo:

Click on hotrodders bullitin board and then suspension and brakes and your there.
I'am a little confused about your problem unless your rad is mounted forward of your frame, but I dont see how that could be. I mounted mine on the forward side of the frame and up over tie rods around the radiator. I have a mustang ll front suspension so maybe thats the difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.