Problem: keeping media flowing in HF pressurized blaster - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Nozzles and equalized pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
there has to be equal pressure in the tank and hose. if not the media will fill the hose ( too much tank pressure ) or it will not fall into the stream ( too much hose pressure )if you are wearing out the media valve you are blasting with the tank instead of the hose. too much pressure behind the media in the tank. hose nozzles are consumables . they wear out period. mine are 3/8 x 1 1/4 , buy a couple of those.
Shine-
(Sorry for the ignorant comment, but...) Are you saying that using 3/8" nozzles will in some way help equalize pressure between the tank and air line, or that those nozzles just work best for you (because they don't clog very easily?)?

After installing the extra valve on the split that goes into the tank, I suppose I could try partially closing the valve to the tank?

Thanks for your input.
Chaz

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 PM

HF blasting pot probs

Two things I forgot to mention - I'm running the pressure at 115 psi, and I'm also using a Harbor Freight Deadman nozzle like the one in the picture. Any comments on this pressure?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:37 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

my unit is rather large. 185 cfm diesel compressor and 6.5 cuft hopper with an 1 1/4 hose. but i only run 30 lbs of pressure. you really need to separate the 2. have a reg on the hose supply and the tank. if you can get it equal or within 5 lbs more in the tank it will work fine. if you have 100 lbs in the hose and 30 in the tank the media will not fall into the stream. it will stay put. you can beat the crap out of it and get a little in but not much.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Last photo:

thanks shine, I guess I will pick up another regulator before I use my blaster
Old 02-25-2010, 03:51 PM

Last photo:

your drawing/accumulating moisture down thru the sand constantly to the bottem where it "cakes" the sand and makes a "bridge" clog at the tank exit...

sand is hydroscopic so it is forever to get it dry again so if it does bottem clog we dump it and use new...
(if it is a damp day we only put a small amount in the tank so it will get run out before it can get damp)...
FL humidity=we have to store the sand and the blaster with the top open in the hot as hell compressor room to keep all reasonably dry when stored...

we have 2 huge master air accumulation tanks in series with huge dryers on both before it's fed to the shop and we still have to try only to blast after 10am due to humidity...
we have a small dryer/accumulator at the blast tank only to know no moisture is coming thru the line...

what will help you is if you can rig the compressor with a air intake hose/tubing set up to a dry air source,,,the shop compressor is routed to a attic that does stay temp/low humidity stable (also helps for less moisture thru your gun and air tools) "aka" solve the problem at the source!

lol,,,,we tried a much larger ball valve on the bottem,,,all it did was move the clog to the bottem of that valve!!!

cboy has got a great idea....
but we use a baseball bat!!!!
you get to vent your frustrations!!!!!

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.