Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Problems rebuilding 85 Iroc door hinges
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
I tap them in with a small hammer and a piece of wood if they are tight ,usually they just press right in using your fingers if they're really wore out and the bushing hole is wore out then it gets a little complicated ,you have to use the ribbed ,oversized bushing and that involves plugging and\or redrilling the bushing hole ,on a welded hinge it aint easy,theres always something in the way.
These doors are a major PITA to get apart everything is ritited on so just getting the out took way longer than it should have. I sure am glad the pins and bushings are still available though ,I guess I gave up to easy after the dealer said they were discontinued...
You can also weld up the worn side of the hole with a couple of tacks and then grind it to shape with a rotary file. Yeah I a made the mistake to change a pair of those weld on hinges on a Chevy truck once......never made that mistake again!

Brian

Brian