Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Problems rebuilding 85 Iroc door hinges
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by novafreek6872 View Post
Dont know if its the case with yours or not, but someone told me its generally the bushings on the bottom hinge that go bad first. You might get by with just replacing those... much easier
actually the door has to come off anyway (weldedhinges).so even if one hinge was still good (which isnt the case ) I'd still rebuild both...its like installing a clutch without a new pressure plate.The bottom hinge pin is ez to get I did order the new top pins and it was a big help having the part #....

Well stupid me since I had to stop work on the pins till the new ones came inI flipped the door over and coninued work on the skin ,there was some filler still on there that I wanted to grind outand what I thought was a thin layer turned out to be 3/4 " thick and right under the reinforcement bar so I couldn't see any holes from the dent pullerso I went and got another door from the Upull it yard,its almost perfect but the hinges are are really wore out so even if I use the new pins and bushings I'll have to go back to my original plan of of filling the hinge hole and making a new one... pics are coming