Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - problems with running my supercharged 351w
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:55 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang 671 View Post
I haven't read the vacum pressure yet , will do next weekend , I have called off the dyno shop for another week so I can get cleaned up , will let you know what it is , thanks a lot for your help , the other thing is even though I have cleaned the carbs out the new needle valves let by every now and then , with a tap on the adjutment nut it stops it , my regulator is set for 6 psi , so you think I should drop it ? If so what to ? ,

I also was pumping too much fuel in , it was spitting out and blowing unburnt fuel back , so I closed the choke half way and left it for 30 mins , then just cranked with not touching the pedal and it started staright away , but it does like the choke off , I presume these blown motors like a lot of air flow ,

Its all new to me
It should hold 6-1/2 psi w/o overpowering the needle and seat. You might need bigger, higher flow needle and seats. What you don't want to do is lower the fuel pressure too much so the WOT pressure stays as high as possible. It's not unusual to see 6-1/2 to 7 psi under WOT conditions on an engine making boost. The last thing you want is for it to go lean.

You probably won't need to use a choke. Cold, two or three pumps, foot off the pedal and crank. Hot, no pumps, foot off the pedal, and crank.