Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - problems with running my supercharged 351w
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

thanks guys . great help . im going to leave well alone now as i dont like back fireing as i know it kills pv.s i have a couple of bits to sort and finish on the car and then i will get to the dyno . in the mean time i will get some extra plugs etc. the dyno shop stock all holley parts so they just suggested i bought what i had so i can use my stuff before being billed for using theirs .

firebird i am **** scrared of cutting off my choke horns - carb horns . are you 100% sure and i will never need a choke ? even when i go to spain and weather is hot and humid ?

if so are you able to draw a diagram, of where you suggest or explain ?

also what oil would you reccomend me using on the dyno for the first session. i currently have millers running in oil which is very new and i have changed the oil filter aswell .

i have been using 98 octane all the time and agree with the -+2 point.

i also blend bio fuels and blend waste oils for my diesel work vans. so a bit of a chemist at the weekends

i have checked my oil level and its consistant so i am sure i have no bore wash and the coolant has racing grade antifreeze and i have twin elec fans on the front. which way should these flow ??? pushing air onto the raditors ( ie the way the atmoshere would hit the car - currently the way its set up ) or opposite so as to pull the heat away from the raditor which seems harder work but i know of it to have been done by some .

cheers all . am getting there week by week , xmas should be fun if its dry and nice as i have 2 weeks off.