Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - problems with running my supercharged 351w
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetRob View Post
My normal answer would be Drive it like you stole it I say that because I think we all know many successful engine builders that will build a car/engine, put a couple of drive cycles on it, dyno it, and then bring it straight to a race track. And then the engine goes on to have many many years of trouble free street / track use.

However if that Bad Boy is anything like my Sierra there aint no way in hell you can do much on the street without the entire county hearing you
hi pro street. yep im with you on that one , go through the rev range differnt speeds , hill climbs . hill descends , get them bedded in as quick as poss as if left to long i have personally seen the damage for rings that let by due to not being bedded in quick enough

i know of one engine builder who put a polishing compund down a bore on a mclaren m1 engine before a race as they wouldnt of been able to of raced it as that bore was low on compression. it fixed it for the race, its also the same car from your neck of the woods . 1960s mclaren m1 my client has recently bought it. chassis number 1 of 66 , it started some first race in 66 over there aparently. nice motor . has a 350 chevy in it.