Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - problems with running my supercharged 351w
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:45 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

thanks guys .

points are very valuable . i do have secoundary metering block on one carb as they are back to back so can only fit one in . but he swapped them for the sec plate and wanted to have both carbs set up the same . cobalt - spot on - he changed down as when i reversed in onto the machine he smelt it and said it was too rich and put in the 65 from the 72 for a starting point but did stress he wouldnt do any dyno pulls till the lambda sensors got us somewhere near to where it was needed.

fbird . thanks for the carb advise . its a mind field isnt it . i have a fantastic tuning book just on holleys and also for use with my 671 weiand blower . and step by step on what to do if a stumble flat spot etc etc , also on boosters there is a really good section.

plugs 5 and 6 fouled , so changed them at the same time as the jets.

once i get the crank senor sorted i will get it back up . the guy knows his stuff but i feel is a bit too ols school . for eg when adjusting the float level petrol was just trickling out the sight holes . didnt put anything to soak up the fuel , maybe im being to cautious,

as a builder i just get a machine and smash things apart so im sure others may think im a bit gun ho looking at me .

i just worry especially when its been a 10 yr project