Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - problems with running my supercharged 351w
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:13 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
Start by giving it all the idle timing it wants and needs. Lock out the timing curve.
Full timing at idle. 30-32 BTDC. The more timing at idle the better it will idle.
Keep the rpm up while it is warming up.

Blower motors want lots of timng at idle.

thanks f bird. got my new fuel tank now. so fitting it tomorrow. going to go back to the start with it. so check for air leaks. ruptured pvs , then get the vacuum as good as I can overall between the 2 carbs. will change the timing and also double check the plug gaps .

I have checked all leads and plugs and all is ok there. its got to be the transition slots being too exposed , going to back the primary's off and give a little to the secondary's to allow a bit more air then try, I don't have any engine pitch or vacuum change when altering the air bleed screws so clearly too much fuel I think ?. I use around 4 litres last Sunday just running it and idling. ( didn't drive it ) its well rich on idle.

have 70s on the primary and 78 on the sec side. will also cut off the chokes and carb horns tomorrow. seems my crank sensor is fine, however I will get the stabilizer bar made next week and fit.

any more advise on tuning the idle side would be great.

cheers Shaun