Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - problems with running my supercharged 351w
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 12:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hi all . had a great day . also going to take tomrrow off work to try to finish and get it mot'ed to show its road worthiness !!

ok so I changed the timing for staring to 26d, and its pretty much flat up until about 3000rpm then it creaps up to 30d then @4000 rpm it goes up to 32d, I know they will be changed once it is @ the dyno.

I stripped the carbs down AGAIN , getting fed up with it, can do it with my eyes closed. I took f birds advise and chopped off the chokes and horns. at some point when it running I will take them off and spend time smoothing it all off. but all the burs are going. I closed the primary throttle blades to show 0.020 of the transition slots and just opened the secs a tiny amount.

runs so much better, also doesn't seem rich and I took it for a little drive around the close I live in.

so moving on - I noticed when I was driving along I put my foot down for a split second to see if it would pick up , I didn't. the shooters are functional and accelerator pump works ,I have the orange / brown cam but is more orange than brown in colour.

70 primary jets
78 sec jets

6.5 pv which needs to change . it that the problem ?

now im on to my primary tuning I think ??

getting there.

thanks for the advise. much appreciated