Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - problems with running my supercharged 351w
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 01:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hi 33willys77

thanks for the comment. seems I need to slacken it off even more then. I must admit when hot it is tight but I was worrying as currently when cold the belt it kind of loose on the top pulley i.e. I can push it back and forward slightly. but its not overly loose.

so ---- when hot how should it feel ?? tight tight ? or able to move abit ? that's probably a better way of resolving it as our longest lengths will probably vary and aluminium expansion between mine and yours also.

totally agree on the pump.

will move it back and make a bracket some how

then im off to the dyno . its running rich at present on 28d initial and all in at around 2800 @36 d

safe numbers and it isn't making any noise and starts fine hot or cold not det noise . using 99 octane here . plugs read slightly sooty than light brown but not black and carboned up.

I haven't been going mad. just wanted to shake it down a bit before going on the dyno. new roller cam is certainly nicer then flat tappet. seems to pick up very nicely

engine rebuild was my fault for building it first and letting it sit. kicking myself really but lesson learnt. flat tapped hyd lifters didn't bed in properly so sent the horrible oil mix grind paste all over the engine. yuk