Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - problems with running my supercharged 351w
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Re: running a electric fuel pump mounted at the front of the car.
You need to get this type of fubar stuff corrected before running this car under power/boost.
Electric fuel pump go at the back of the car near the fuel tank.

Electric fuel pumps push fuel. They do not pull fuel. That why they go at the back of the car near the tank.

This could have resulted in a engine burn down if you had been running at WOT under boost on the road.
You need to get this kind of stuff corrected .
No telling how many more criticial screw ups are on this car.
I hope you take this critic in a positive manor.
Better to hear it from me than realize it latter and PAY AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Starting the tuning process at 10-11psi boost is a big mistake on this car while stuff like this is not sorted out.

Fuel issues at low boost result in missing sputter, less than stellar performance.
Fuel issues at high boost result in engine destruction.

Lower the blower boost for initial dyno and on road testing. Get it right at low moderate 5-6 psi and then creep up on the boost and tune up.

The walking blower belt is a warning. When it comes flying off at 6000rpm it won't be pretty.
If he block, heads and or intake was machined check the blower to crank shaft alignment for and aft.
The blower may now be tipped forward or tipped back or installed twisted on the engine relative to the crankshaft centerline.
The blower and crank pulleys must be level and in the same plane and not twisted relative to each other, or the belt will walk.

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 10-07-2013 at 03:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to F-BIRD'88 For This Useful Post:
mustang 671 (10-08-2013)