Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - project bronco quarters
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:23 AM

Last journal entry: Project 92' Eddie
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

project bronco quarters

I sold one of my old mustangs and now that I have some $$ and some room in my garage its time to start fixing up my daily driver 92 bronco. Im going to start with the hood which just needs paint ( clear coat flaked off ) so im going to strip the hood and lay down some fresh paint. Ill be using SPI epoxy, with a PPG black ( have not purchased yet) and ill probobly use SPI's universal clear coat because Ive heard so many good things on this site about them. The hood I can handle fine, the rear quarters are a new venture for me sorta, I did a patch panel on a 92 miata and it was a major pain but a great learning expierence. I butt welded the patch on the miata and even though i stitch welded very slowly i still had a lot of warpage and a few burn throughs that the fought me to the end. Id like to bypass all that crap this time doing both rear quarters on my bronco. I have two replacement quarters that I am using. Im only going to remove whats rusty till i find good solid metal which shouldint be too much (see pics) and cut the new panel to fit. Im thinking I want to get a panel flanger to have a stronger joint with less chance of burn thru and have the flanged side be the exisiting metal so that theres no pocket for moisture to sit.

My only concern is using the flanger on the existing metal because it has a contour to it, what would you all reccomend?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qp.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	66172