Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - project bronco quarters
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:47 PM

Last journal entry: Project 92' Eddie
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

here are my patch panels, they are new, they cover a pretty large part of the rear quarter. I would like to replace the entire panel and looking the truck over today I dont think it would be very hard, im a little worried about the door jam area wouldnt want the striker to move... My only rusty area is at the top of the wheel well and the edges of the inner fender. I can get inner fenders for 55.00 each which is no big deal but im not sure how they are attatched right now.. they dont look spot welded like the quarter does, in one small corner it looks like they used maybe a panel adheasive. Im still a ways away from ordering my paints/primers ect so ill have to look into the black epoxy. That would cover all too well!

from what I expierenced on my last fender (miata in my pics) it was all crunched in and i had to cut out and butt weld the whole panel back in. To me this bronco looks like a cake walk replacing the whole fender. Id like to go that route but that would add another 500.00 to the bill for the fenders.. decisions decisions

* i know the panel is not "straight" its just for demonstration purpouses
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	patch 1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	66193   Click image for larger version

Name:	patch2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	66194   Click image for larger version

Name:	patch3.jpg