Project Journal - Chapters? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2005, 09:09 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Project Journal - Chapters?

Hi Jon,
I know you've been extremely busy, but was just wondering if you were still considering adding "chapters" into the Project Journal. Guys like myself, are working concurrently on 4-5 projects.

1973 Z-28 Rear quarters/paint
1939 Chevy 2 dr sedan
1971 Nova Engine Change (within 3 weeks)
1965 Chevelle body strip/repaint/new interior color/steering column change (fall project)

Right now, I've made a confusing mess with my Journal, with mixing in the Gene Winfield Seminar, Don Garlits Museum Pics, Rebuilding my buddies 72 Lemans,etc. I know its hard to follow, but seems like a timeline for my life.

Anyways, I was just curious. Keep up the good work! Its appreciated!

Jeff Parker
Central Square NY

PS I will take a ton of pics with editorial for the Nova engine change for your upcoming web-mag. I was going to post on your thread regarding this, but I couldn't commit to longterm monthly editorials. I'll gladly send you anything you need for my current projects, as well as additional editorial. Say the word...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 04:43 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

I understand the problem. We might want to do "sub-journals", similar to the sub-album function on the photo gallery. Other guys have requested this specifically.

However, for now, the Journal is still new software being run in its simplest form -- it's actually still what we would consider to be "BETA" software. We will make it more complex as we develop it -- this will probably be one of the first big changes we make. At that point, we should be able to offer a feature whereby you can categorize your current entries into different "sub-journals". When the percentage of guys that require sub-journals becomes higher, then the feature will probably be added in. Also, it looks like the Comments feature will be removed, not enough people are using it, and journal discussion generally happens in the Lounge.

Thanks for the potential webmag info -- we'll need as much as we can get.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:52 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I agree on the comments, Jon. Its kind of a pain to try to find them, when you have a load of entries,too. Most of the time, guys PM'd me as well as leaving the entry, so it was pretty much redundant.

I gotta tell ya, I'm amazed at the hits on the counters for the P/J's in general, as well as being your ability to design the software to host them.

We'll give you (1) "Attaboy!" Use it wisely....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.