Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Project motivation
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 09:11 AM

Last journal entry: Body work
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Project motivation

I'm almost three years into this project now and I sometimes get overwhelmed and think I bit off more than I could chew. I thought at the very least this rambler body I found for my project was pretty much rust free. Well, nothing could be further from the truth. I'm getting burned out on the fabrication part of the project so, I decided to start some of the body work. The rear quarters on this car are bolted along the top and welded everywhere else. As I cleaned along the seam where the quarter bolts on I noticed discoloration in the very thin original white paint. So, I removed all the bolts and was able to gently pry the two panels apart enough to look between.....RUST.

I tried telling myself that it's not that bad and In the past I probably would have poured rust converter in and called it good. But, I've already committed so much time to this car and read so many treads on proper rust treatment I felt I had to remove the quarter to see how bad it was. Man, what a pain in the _ _s. my first quarter panel removal was not a thing of beauty. The next day I removed the other quarter and the rear sheet metal. Every seam where there is an overlap there is rust so, an already overwhelming project just got worse.

Anyway, just curious how you guy's and gal's stay motivated on the long haul projects.

I can only drink so much beer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0505.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	18401