Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Proper pressure setting for pressure pot supply?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 05:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Proper pressure setting for pressure pot supply?

I have been using a pressure pot and Iwata LPH-200 with a 1.2 nozzle (the biggest nozzle in Iwata LPH-200 pressure pot guns) for a while now and with a broken pressure gauge so I had no idea what my pressure was. Recently I finally got around to replacing the binks gauge and I find my usual setting (gives a 3' pee stream if I turn the air off to the gun), is around 2 psi on the new 0-15 psi McMaster Carr gauge.

The problem I run into with this is that the regulator tends to fluctuate as the pot sits. It's like it's building up around to around 5-7 after a few minutes of sitting. The reason I ask about the usual (proper) pressure is that it seems to want to sit at around 5-7 and won't adjust and stay where I use it.

Not that I can't just re-adjust before I spray each time but half the reason I use a pressure pot is so I won't have to mess with constantly filling my guns (the pot is convenient). Curious if I'm spraying at too low a fluid pressure or if maybe I just need a better (accurate at very low pressure) regulator.

Last edited by 777funk; 03-05-2012 at 05:13 PM.