Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - proportioning valve on my coupe
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 08:02 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

proportioning valve on my coupe

A little help if you would. I have a Wildwood proportioning valve on my brake system and it appears to have a small leak where the knob goes into the body of the valve at the threads. There's no drip just a droplet on the knob head. I normally have to pump up the brake so its loosing pressure after it sits for a while. I have corvette dual master cylinder with no booster under the floor. I installed the two residual valves [2 and 10lbs] 2 lb for the front brakes and A 10 for the rear, and the proportioning valve sits behind the 10lb residual valve. My question is why does my pedal go practically to the floor if just the rear system is leaking a little air? are not the two systems independent of each other? I can't find any other leaks and everything seems dry. Are the Wildwood valves repairable? Do I want less pressure or more pressure at the rear? Where would the knob normally be set at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 out? any help would be appreciated. Bill