Proposal: 9/11 is Be A Decent Human Being Day - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 07:47 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Proposal: 9/11 is Be A Decent Human Being Day

Posted on another board, but I believe its a good idea.

Proposal: 9/11 is Be A Decent Human Being Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all the stories coming out of NOLA and how I have seen people on this board treat others and myself, I am losing hope in humanity. Why is it so hard to not kill, steal from, lie to, degrade, torture, abuse, and treat badly the other inhabitants of this little planet we call home? It concerns me that my son will be growing up in this world with what seems little chance that things will ever improve.

Just in the last 15 years since I graduated from High School, It seems to me that we are going downhill fast. Maybe that is just my perception due to being young an naieve back then, but I am not so sure.

In an attempt to maybe show that there is some hope for us as a race, I would like to propose that on 9/11/2005 we commit to treat one another decently for just 24 hours. Call it an experiment to see if it can be done and what effect it might have on you personally by acting like a decent human being and being treated like a decent human being by others.

In case you are unclear on the concept of being a decent human, here are things you should not do:
kill, lie, cheat, steal, degrade, belittle, threaten, injure, scam... you get the idea.

Instead, try to say a kind word to someone you normally might not talk to, help someone out who needs it, treat others with respect, etc.

Alot of you may think I'm an idiot for proposing such a thing. I don't care. Those of you who want to participate, please try to pass it along to others. The more people who participate, the better the chance that your life will be impacted in a positive way.

Even if just the people on this board would do this, I would be happy. If anyone else does, thats just icing on the cake.

Why that date? Because its coming up and that was a date where many many people did act like a decent human being, even going so far as to sacrifice their own lives, for another.

Finally, I wanted to call it Don't Be a Dick Day but that kinda goes against what I would like to see accomplished. So I'm going with Be A Decent Human Being Day.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2005, 05:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Perhaps you read the posts here like the looting posts you could get the impression that like you said bunch of dicks around.

This is about the only place most of us can rant and someone else will listen.

I really believe the majority of the people in this country like myself wants equal rights for everyone and everyone to be treated fair.
Where most of us start losing it, is when a group of people start getting more rights than others.

Overall I think the majority of the people in this country are fine people and yes we do have problem areas but as people get fed up the Govt will react (slowly).

For years my wife and I would buy for our kids at Xmas and not our selves and donate money and make food baskets for families recommended by the church.
We enjoyed doing that and put a lot of effort into doing it right.

Be honest with you now, we have gotten so fed up with the GOVT wasting our money neither of us will donate a dollar to any charity and have not in years.
If its a friend in trouble we will be there!

Kinda like last night on TV they showed the head of Red Cross accepting 3.3 million dollar check and my wifes comments were
"the next executive meeting will be in Hawaii".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.