Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pro's and Con's of Positraction?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 09:22 PM
machinest & A&P Mechanic

Last journal entry: distributer housing...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I dunno about that, I drive a 66 chevy year round through WI winters and even with 420 lbs of sand next to the tailgate I have found myself going down roads sideways till the right rear tire hits the curb or the gravel on the side of the road... nothing you can do really. intersections can be outright horrible when the roads were plowed AFTER the snow has already been packed down. and it does not help they don't allow studded tires here.

one thing I would like to say that I don't think any1 else said is the tranny and its affect on the rear end. I have a shift kit, and it does NOT help with traction in the winter. when you are accelerating from 1st gear at an intersection the nice positive shift we all love in the summer can be enough to kick the vehicle sideways in an instant in the winter, its bad with a one legger, and its worse with posi.. I never thought about it till I found this out when it happened to me and I found myself in a corn field facing the direction I came...

just something to think about...

-Leo-