Protect And Serve ? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Protect And Serve ?

The cop sounds like a lunatic as he berates a young driver parked early in the morning.
Original in car video
and here on CNN talking to the victim.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2007, 05:44 PM

Last journal entry: 2 photoshoots.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Yea, the cop got suspended without pay pending investigation. I'm sure it's an isolated incident. That kind of thing doesn't REALLY happen that much. Does it.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I Love VTec

Last photo:

i would have gone to jail that night, i cant stand people yelling at me
Old 09-12-2007, 10:09 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

That's inexcusable. The officer sounded like he might have been nervous when he was yelling at the guy, he stumbles on a few of his words. Maybe his wife left him or something?

I do have to ask... Why did the kid have a camera in his car in the first place? Why did he pull in to a vacant parking lot at 2 in the morning? Not that there's anything wrong with either...

Last edited by Blazin72; 09-12-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72
I do have to ask... Why did the kid have a camera in his car in the first place? Why did he pull in to a vacant parking lot at 2 in the morning? Not that there's anything wrong with either...
Both your questions are answered in the CNN report.
Click the link in my original post.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:32 PM

Last photo:

and thats why i dont like the 'po
Old 09-13-2007, 01:00 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I guess we all have bad days but what that cop was doing was reprehensible and unbecoming of any cop. They are supposed to be trained for situations where they feel that someone is potentially a bada$$.

Now - is this guy a good cop that had a really bad day or is this just one more note on a bad record. If he was just having a really bad day, with a history of a long and good record, he needs some unpaid vacation - 30/60/90 days and an anger management/training course and possibly some one on one professional treatment. If it was just one more complaint in a long list, or if his cop car video is mysteriously missing he needs to go on down the road.

Watch out kid - you may not have heard the end of this guy if he is really unbalanced!!

Dave
Old 09-14-2007, 03:07 AM

Last photo:

Ok...retired 33 yr. veteran So. Cal. street cop, not going to make any excuses, this guy for whatever reason lost it and will pay dearly for it. Cops are HUMAN BEINGS, not robots, they have feelings, they have arguments with their wives, they get chewed out by the suits upstairs. They're in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" job. The Media and the chicken sh-- hand ringers are constantly questioning everything they do but don't have the balls to do it themselves.
Cops get days off, fired and sometimes prosecuted every day all over these United States for violating station policy and/or flat out breaking the law, and as well they should. Believe me, I've seen some real a--holes in blue uniforms that I would'nt give them the time of day. I've also had the honor to work with hundreds of honest, trustworthy hard working cops who truly enjoy their chosen career and really do "PROTECT AND SERVE". Unfortunately this type of incident is what the media drools over and generates comments like "thats why I don't like the 'po". I'm done.........Dave
Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 PM

Last photo:

Cure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbloodline666
i would have gone to jail that night, i cant stand people yelling at me
There IS a cure for this sort of thing. While most other issues require a shrink and thousands of dollars, OR a 12 step plan, this one requires a signature on a paper at the local Marine recruiting office. You'll get over this problem shortly.

Steve
Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

The cop showed more restraint than I would have. The way the kid was driving around the corner, swerving, pull into a parking lot, then blatantly being a smarta**, He'd have been in my car, cuffed and going to jail for being under the influence. Influence of what? I don't care, he was swerving. Cops have a tough enough job to do without some smarta** kid giving them an attitude. He obviously was instigating trouble, why the camera?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

he was out trying to make a youtube street drifting film..... breakin tha law breakin tha law.....
Old 09-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Blood, Sweat, and Gears!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy larry
he was out trying to make a youtube street drifting film..... breakin tha law breakin tha law.....
Where in the video did you see him drifting? I suppose everyone driving a modified vehicle of any sort should be thrown in jail because they might be up to no good.

While i agree the kid did come off abit cocky at first, there was no reason for the cop to go off like that. I've got the upmost respect for the majority of police officers they have a hard often thankless job, but ones that abuse their power like that should be fired plain and simple.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Call me the Devil's Advocate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailGater
....I've got the utmost respect for the majority of police officers they have a hard often thankless job, but ones that abuse their power like that should be fired plain and simple.

For being human? Suspended, yes. Fired, that's a bit harsh. IMO, if the kid had a camera in the car to "protect himself" from false charges, he shouldn't have been out in a deserted parking lot at 2 A.M. therefor needing it. If you don't try doing stupid stuff behind the wheel, and drive in a semi-legal manner, you shouldn't need "camera backup. As I see it, what he was doing was an attempt at finding a good spot for filming yet another youtube "look at me" video, or he was there for a quick drug deal. Also, since he was out of the car, who knows what his body language was leading the cop to believe. Give the officer a chance before you judge.

Think about it. He's out on patrol. Sitting in a deserted parking lot. At 2 A.M. A car pulls in, drives semi-erratically, and stops in the middle of the lot.
Something sounds a bit fishy with the "I'm waiting for my friend to bring my cell phone" excuse. An abandoned parking lot at 2 in the morning? Have kids today gone so lazy that they can't find a gas station or the local Taco Bell parking lot? How about going to the friends' house to pick it up?

In a while, Chet.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Blood, Sweat, and Gears!

Last photo:

I agree completely that the officer should have checked things out, but he stepped over the line when he started yelling about making up charges. that stuff does happen and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but if he cant control his emotions then he has no business doing that job.
but thats just my opinion like I said, I respect the good ones, and there are a lot of good cops out there, but I've also seen the bad ones take their aggression out on innocent people.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 AM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

I'll give it that he did cross the line, but he is only human. I'll bet there's not one single person who's posted on this site that at some point or another has yelled and /or cursed at a co-worker, spouse, or child in the course of a day. I know I've done it. Off my soapbox, and into bed I go.....

In a while, Chet.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.