Hot Rod Forum banner

Protect yourself----Bill of sale

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  impalaman63 
#1 ·
Use this bill of sale, when you sell something. Protect yourself.

BILL OF SALE of MOTOR VEHICLE
AUTOMOBILE, Truck, RV or Motorcycle
(Sold "As-Is" without Warranty)
In the STATE OF____________ - COUNTY OF___________
Date _____/______/_200___Time ___:_____AM or PM
Total Sale Price $____________________________
WRITE THE AMOUNT IN WORDS:__________________________________________________________________
Down payment in cash $____________ Non Refundable
Balance Due $____________________ Balance due in 7 Days.
After 7 Days if balance is not received the VEHICLE can be sold to another buyer. NO Down Payment Will Be Refunded.
Make: _____________________________________
Model: _____________________________________
Body Type: _____________________________________
Year: __________________
Vehicle (VIN): _____________________________________
Odometer reading ___________________________________
DISCLAIMER OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. THE BUYER TAKES THE VEHICLE "AS-IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ITS CONDITION. THE BUYER HAS PERSONALLY INSPECTED THE VEHICLE AND ACCEPTS IT "AS-IS".
I DECLARE UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT THE STATEMENTS HEREIN CONTAINED ARE TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF.
AS OWNER OF THIS VEHICLE, I HEREBY TRANSFER OWNERSHIP TO:
Seller:
Name:____________________
Address___________________
Phone # ______-_____-___________
Date _____/____/_200__
Time ____:_____AM or PM (circle)
Driver License #___________________

See less See more
#4 ·
knighthawk said:
I've used one similar to that, but I think that one is a little too long.. In my opinion, you definitly need the ''as is'', and also would include a witness....
You don't have to put AS IS on anything you sell, the laws state Buyer Beware. I am not saying don't put AS IS on a bill of sale, because I do it myself. The only reason I do it is so I don't have any confusion from the Buyer, this is so they know they are buying it AS IS. I also never ever sell anything to a minor, if they want to buy something, their parents have to actually buy it from me. A minor can buy something from you, trash it, then demand their money back and you would have to give it back to them. Minors are not bound by the same laws as adults are.

#7 ·
Always ask to see a driver license with a picture ID. Also have them give you their driver license when, they take anything for a test drive. Make sure the photo matchs the person. I had a friend who was selling a motorcycle. The guy took it for a test drive and never came back. His friend, that was with him, said he had to leave, to get some smokes. He also never came back-------Bike GONE forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.