Hot Rod Forum banner

Be proud of your garage!

201K views 434 replies 154 participants last post by  ryork 
#1 ·
Every now and then I check this forum. There are always questions about tools to buy and stuff, but how about we show everyone else the workspace we're working in?
I'll start by showing you a pic of my garage....
Just's a simple little corner but I like it and it does the trick...simple homemade workbench and my welder beside it on the shelves which hold all the parts...

Your turn...

Mike

#278 · (Edited)
Just joined the site. There are some great looking garages in this thread. Hope mine turns out as well. Just started on mine the first of the month. The slab was poured Tuesday and the framing started on Thursday. The garage is 30' x 36' with a 12' x 24' workshop in back. Hope to have some finished pics before too long.
Bret

#279 ·
Hey Itzquick....First of all WELCOME :welcome:
Secondly....What is your wall height? Are they 10' with windows at the top? And is the 12' workshop in addition to the garage or is it going to be walled off inside the 30' x 36' footprint? And if it is, 24' garage is adequate but you will find that it is not really deep enough for some things. My garage is 28' deep and with my extended cab longbed I do not have quite enought room. But what you have so far is looking great. Be sure to keep us posted on the progress of it.

Kevin

#281 ·
The garage is 30' x 36' with 12' 6" ceiling so I'll have the room for a lift. The windows are about 9' up so I'll get some natural light and ventilation in there, but won't have to worry about people seeing in.The workshop/storage area is on the back in addition to the garage. Kind of hard to see in the pic above.

#299 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new to hotrodders this is my new shop

Hello everyone
Here are pics of my new shop. I started building it Nov 19/05 these are progress picture from around that time my next post will show more of the completed pictures. As you can see it has heated floor for clean dry heat as it has paint booth. These pictures had to be reduced quality forum wouldn't let over 300k be uploaded.

Attachments

#300 ·
More pics

I'm currently just finishing my paint booth installation then I need to install shelving, cabinets and organize tools. Then I will start projects my first being my girlfriend car. Basically a free paint job for a (BJ) I mean to test the paint booth operation. The car is a 91 Eagle talon awd turbo not my type of car but worthy of paint. It is very rusty for the age and I will post pictures if anybody is interested in creating and welding patch panels for cars where no sheet metal is available. It will need a lage patch on trunk lid, rockers almost completely gone and front fender patch and both quarters need work. Then I will start my cool projects 70' Charger and my Friends 69' GTO. I hope to hear from people that want to learn from me also people that can teach me new things.

Attachments

#301 ·
I so am getting my shop done this summer....No radiant heat for me though...most likely a wood stove for the first year or two and hopefully an upgrade to a gas furnace and yeah, I know the fire risks but there won't be any painting going on in it yet....maybe a paint booth add on in the distant future...

A whole paint job for a B*Job....I get them in trade for a latte :pimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.