Hot Rod Forum banner

Be proud of your garage!

201K views 434 replies 154 participants last post by  ryork 
#1 ·
Every now and then I check this forum. There are always questions about tools to buy and stuff, but how about we show everyone else the workspace we're working in?
I'll start by showing you a pic of my garage....
Just's a simple little corner but I like it and it does the trick...simple homemade workbench and my welder beside it on the shelves which hold all the parts...

Your turn...

Mike

#302 ·
well i am buying my first house, closing next week. so i can post pictures of what i will be starting with next week. hopefully i can get it fixed up ready to work in quickly.

oh and no heat needed down here, but it will be air conditioned. :thumbup:

#304 ·
Garage picture

I haven't figured how to put a picture on this thing so there's no picture . my garage is 50 x 50 with a 9 foot ceiling. For years I wanted a lift but settled for a pit , mine is 6 ft deep by 4ft wide and is 14 ft long. Beats the hell out of crawling around on my back, which I did for years. All it took was a little digging and a little block laying, which I suck at I found, and you are good to go. This makes trans and clutch work a breeze. I cover it by using 2x6 boards which lay on the block flush with the floorand can support any car I put on it so far. I also have a trans jack in the pit to support trans when doing clutch work. My three water coolers do a good job of keeping thing comfortable here in Phx.

#305 ·
My garage was 28x30 with an up stairs wood working shop. It was full by the time i got it built so i built an addition of 28x14 that has an up stairs. This addition is made to look like a 1950s 60s flying A gas station I`am looking for a flying A sign.The big 6 footer i have the post.I would like to post some photos but I`am not sure how.The new part will be for my hot rod and my wifes 65 VW Bug.
It`s now 28x44 and still to small. :rolleyes: :confused:

#307 ·
Bob D...to post a pic:

In the reply window where you type a reply to a message, scroll down and you will see the "additional options" under it. There you will see a button that says "Manage attachments". Click on that and another window will pop up with the word "Browse". Click on that button and find where your pictures are located at on your computer. Double click on one of the pictures. It will then put the name of the picture into the attachment window. Then in the attachment window, click on "Upload Pictures". After you hit the "Submit repliy" and come back to where you can read the threads, your pictures will be in that thread.

Kevin

#315 ·
Last winter i put the VW in the side door ,my slide in truck camper in the front door with the overhang over the VW,my 1924 four door T in back of the camper along with 7 tons of wood pellits, A 50`s coke machine,24"wood sander,and 24"wood planer,down the sides. And thats the small side! And you are right Dave you do have to stay on top of it.Advanced design do you think i need more room or cut back on the my toys.

#316 · (Edited)
my mess

Kevin45 said:
Bob D...to post a pic:

In the reply window where you type a reply to a message, scroll down and you will see the "additional options" under it. There you will see a button that says "Manage attachments". Click on that and another window will pop up with the word "Browse". Click on that button and find where your pictures are located at on your computer. Double click on one of the pictures. It will then put the name of the picture into the attachment window. Then in the attachment window, click on "Upload Pictures". After you hit the "Submit repliy" and come back to where you can read the threads, your pictures will be in that thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK here's my mess, my '41 spent it's 1st year under this(1st pic) when the wind wasn't tearing it apart,I got a few parts off while in here.
Then I got "her" garage cleaned out enough to put the '41 in, & built the extension(galvenized roof,2"x6" rafters,4"x4" posts,OLD PICKET FENCE walls w/blue tarp on the inside) for the Dakota & M/C & lawn mower & etc.
Then bought the Diplomat donor car & it's in the left side of "MY" :thumbup: garage now. So now she doesn't have the garage for yard sales! But because it's about full of stuff I got just enough room for the 2 cars. :(

:thumbup: And yes all MOPAR here!

Attachments

#317 ·
Advanced design do you think i need more room or cut back on the my toys.
Personally I think you need to cut back on the toys. So being the nice guy I am, I can take the gas pump and 50's style Coke machine and put it in my garage so you can free up some of your space :thumbup: Heck...I'd even store them in my computer room just to help you out :D

#320 ·
I started with just a 10x10 Royal plastic shed to house all my stuff. Obviously not big enough even to use a miter saw in.

Finally after 5yrs, I convinced the warden that I needed a garage. I now have a 23'x15' heated garage, built solely with 2x6's, fully insulated, only a 40Amp feed for now (till I upgrade the house to 200Amp). 6mil Vapor barrier with 5/8"ths fire-code Sheetrock on the ceiling and 1/2" for the walls. As much shelving as I could possibly fit.

The compressor, managed to squeeze in when I purchased all the Sheetrock & insull, this way the wife did not really see the full cost of it.. :sweat: It is all plumbed in with 3/4" black/galv pipe, 4 drain drops and I eventually would like to put a good dryer at the last connection.

Attachments

#326 ·
dei8fan said:
I had this pole barn built a couple of weeks ago the floor is to be poured soon.

Ive been working out of a 20x20 this one is 30x50....I won't know how to act!
This looks great!

Post some pics of the floor (during pour and after) if you would.
What does the concrete floor cost in your area?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.