Hot Rod Forum banner

Be proud of your garage!

201K views 434 replies 154 participants last post by  ryork 
#1 ·
Every now and then I check this forum. There are always questions about tools to buy and stuff, but how about we show everyone else the workspace we're working in?
I'll start by showing you a pic of my garage....
Just's a simple little corner but I like it and it does the trick...simple homemade workbench and my welder beside it on the shelves which hold all the parts...

Your turn...

Mike

#378 ·
alittle1 said:
Perhaps, putting some white semi gloss paint on the OSB board would reflect the light a bit better.

agreed. You would would need about 40 percent less light. Saves on the energy bill

#380 ·
Well, I thought I'd give this thread one more bump to the top.
It's my favorite thread and I think it deserves a bump after a couple of months of falling down the page list. Got to be a lot of you out there who haven't given us a peak at your shop yet.

#384 · (Edited)
Oh yeah!!! :D :D

My "day" job is building Equipment that takes rolls of paper a lot bigger than that and turns them into napkins and hand towels and stuff.

That roll started out at least 8 feet tall and weighed a couple thousand pounds. That is just the little bit that was left over and I took it for the shop.

Here are some photos of the paper rolls and machines we build, and some of the CNC machines we have....we do all of our machining "in house"

Attachments

#385 ·
The business I was in used to use those roll handling machines.......Rewinders, slitters, windups on our lamination/extrusion/coating equipment.........mostly plastic rolls, but occasionally a bit of paper. Have a couple of butt rolls of paper too....stuff comes in handy.

#387 ·
Double_v23 said:
You have to get the good stuff though, most of the paper we get is pretty thin, but occasionally you come across some nice air laid embossed paper, or even the stuff that they make shop wipes out of...you have to get dibs on that stuff pretty early.
Is it thick enough to keep you finger from poking through if so it would save me from having to get up to get a new roll :thumbup:

#388 ·
Double_v23 said:
Here is the shop I just moved into, it is 30x60 and I plan on making it the base of operations for my performance engine shop. It is kind of a project by itself.
Wow. That sure is heavy duty looking with the OSB on the walls and ceiling. Are you going to leave it unpainted?

#390 · (Edited)
This is pictures of my air system. My garage is too messy to photograph at this time.

This is in the front of my garage for dry air. This is what I'll paint with.

This is an expanded view of the same system

This is in the back of my garage. The left is for my blaster and the right has an inline oiler for air tools. The riser goes up and over to the front of my garage for dry air

This is just an outlet in my shop that's built on my garage.

Danny

#394 ·
roger1 said:
Wow. That sure is heavy duty looking with the OSB on the walls and ceiling. Are you going to leave it unpainted?
Yeah it is definately HD, there is 16 inches of insulation on top of that OSB, it has in floor heat as well as forced air. And the recovery on the in floor is so bad that you have to insulate it really well. It will be white some day when I can get my hands on 25 gallons of paint and a big sprayer. Right now the lighting is terrible but I plan on putting two rows of flourescents the length of the shop, and along with the white paint it should really make it nice.

#397 ·
Here is mine with two of the projects in it. Been working on heating it, some people might find the system I am putting in interesting because it doesnt burn anything and it isnt solar nor electric. :) Have a bit more insulation to do, but I do everything from engines to body work in here. Its 32x40, I took three pics and used photoshop to connect them.

#400 ·
Thumpin455 said:
Here is mine with two of the projects in it. Been working on heating it, some people might find the system I am putting in interesting because it doesnt burn anything and it isnt solar nor electric. :) Have a bit more insulation to do, but I do everything from engines to body work in here. Its 32x40, I took three pics and used photoshop to connect them.

love the pan. shot.
when i need to warm up, i usually move a little faster. :D

what would be your secret ?

#401 ·
MRGM said:
love the pan. shot.
when i need to warm up, i usually move a little faster. :D

what would be your secret ?
I'll do a write up on it later after I have more of it installed. Its the project next on the list after my drag car is running again. Here is a hint though, 140F water will heat the shop, the source of the heat is the secret.. :)

Its tough to move fast enough to keep warm when it is -10F. Not as cold as some places but cold enough I dont want to lay on concrete and touch metal. Also cant shoot any paint, primer, or apply filler. Heat is nicer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.