Hot Rod Forum banner

Be proud of your garage!

201K views 434 replies 154 participants last post by  ryork 
#1 ·
Every now and then I check this forum. There are always questions about tools to buy and stuff, but how about we show everyone else the workspace we're working in?
I'll start by showing you a pic of my garage....
Just's a simple little corner but I like it and it does the trick...simple homemade workbench and my welder beside it on the shelves which hold all the parts...

Your turn...

Mike

#3 ·
I'm rather proud of my shop. When I bought the place (house, shop, and land) from my father you couldn't even walk around in the garage (30X40). With the help of my buddies, I've since cleaned it up (threw out his junk), put an opener on the center door, added outlets, a lift, and real lights. Next I'd like a big compressor to go outside in a shed and run some pvc around for some air take offs as well. These two pics are from opposite sides of the shop, but they are several months apart. Down the wall you can't see is just a long work bench with shelving above and below it.

The panels on the wall are from where I rolled the little car a while back.

#7 ·
Poncho, what color is your 55? That looks really nice...especially with the park lights on. Fiberglass bumper?

crashtest - have you considered getting a mobile four post and just rolling it outside when you need to get under something? Mine was 2200 delivered and it makes fooling around under a mobile much easier. A friend of mine used mine a few times and he's looking to replace his garage door so he can get one to roll in and out of his shop.

#14 ·
crashtest - have you considered getting a mobile four post and just rolling it outside when you need to get under something? Mine was 2200 delivered and it makes fooling around under a mobile much easier. A friend of mine used mine a few times and he's looking to replace his garage door so he can get one to roll in and out of his shop.
I hadn't looked too much into them, no. Where did you get one from that price? I've seen them as low as $2500 plus shipping. I don't really need a mobile lift - if I can raise a car enough off the ground that I can lay under it without using jackstands and bumping my head, I'm happy.

#19 ·
euh I would'nd know Mike! my crauts is kinda absent. (that is German right??)
lesson Flamish number one: OVERZICHT = (general view)
now all toghether! Overzicht! WAhahahahaha:D :p

ow come on schnitz! show us (banging on desk show us ... :D

Alain

#26 · (Edited)
heres a few pics of my shop its 24x30.
and i wish it was twice as big.
inside i have a 1970 ss 454 that used to be an original LS6 4spd Elcamino.
im slowly restoring it as i can afford it.
i dont have the original motor but thats ok.
i know where it is but the guy has had it sleeved and a tone of performance things done to it.
he has it in a 69 camaro and its a full race car that runs high 9s in the quarter mile.
a bit much for a street car like i want the Elcamino to be.
and for now im driveing a 80 trans am with a 76 formula front end. and it has the 454 from the elcamino in it.
and its a 4 spd also with 410 gears traction bars and subframe connectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.