Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Be proud of your garage!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 11:20 AM
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up

Last journal entry: Body work and U bolts
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry for the late reply on the fire blocking. I have been working like a dog lately. The blocking is for the diamond plate I will be installing on the lower part of the wall. I told my father in law not to block...but he did. So I have to just go with it. Also the friend who is helping him is a general contractor.....I think some one took the test for him...get my drift. Oh well free labor meant extra wood. They were going to block the entire 2nd floor joists on the bottom but I stopped them and had them use a long single 2X4 on the bottom nailed to the bottom of each joist. They also didn't use a rim joist..idiots....oh did I say that! Oh well old school (father in law) and no school (contractor friend). Haha...gotta laugh so I don't cry. I could go on about the way they did some other things but won't. I have been working on the space by myself now for a while. But I have to complete it cause I have to be out of my current office by the end of November. I have ran all the electrical and networking cables. I hung all the drywall myself and almost done with the taping. I don't need a great taping job due the paint Job I will be putting on. Kind of a rag texture with rocket red, gray and black. The floor is bare concrete painted gray with yellow baseboard. The framing was done with ten foot studs so I can put in a sloped metal ceiling. kinda like a "shed" look to it. The ceiling fan I have is a scaled down version of a P-51 mustang airplane with a three bladed "prop". It looks really cool. Once I get some paint on the walls and the ceiling up I will post some more pics.